Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Testimony building week

Well everyone, still here pushing along. Quite the learning week. Started off all ready to go. Set some high goals. Walked the line obedience wise and worked like crazy and... nothing. No one wanted anything. No one was home... nothing all week. Then Saturday. Nothing. Went home pretty depressed. Come Sunday. we ended up having 8 people (investigators) in the chapel. We left church early for an appointment and that afternoon found 9 new investigators. Do your job and the Lord will do His. Was a good testimony builder. 

Had a few cool experiences this week as well. One of the families we are trying to teach, well they have a little girl and little boy about 3 years old. They are soo cool. Every time I walk in the little girl runs ang hugs my knees just like London did and is always sitting on my lap. One time she said "Salomon te quiero" means I love you. They all call me Salomon. It’s easier than Solomon I guess. And the little boy calls us tios. Uncles. It funny the things the kids call us. Some their kids call us the twins. Strange because we look nothing alike. 

Brighton get a fetching job lazy bum. It doesn’t matter if it sucks and they don’t pay you anything as long as you’re doing something. Don’t be idle. Glad to hear the rest of you are well. Enjoy your time in whatever your doing whatever it is because you never get it back. Dad I would kill to be able to help you with a little construction. I want to build something so bad. I get frustrated at the construction here. Their practices are so horrible. But, ya, that’s something I miss. Well hope all is well with you all. Be happy!  

Love you all,

 Elder Solly

No comments: