Monday, June 29, 2009

Hide and Seek

Well, what’s going on Queen Creekers? (I almost said Queen Creecians but that’s a bit sophisticated). hahahza enjoying the heat? At least its clean air. Come visit me and you’ll be thrilled to return :) Sounds like the summer break is going good, calm. They still haven’t left on summer break here even though examine were two weeks ago. Everything is so corrupt here. Elections are next week and there is so much propaganda everywhere but when you ask someone they all say, "No I'm not voting. Their all corrupt" but one of the ladies on one of the parties is pretty cute so me and Elder Acosta don’t complain:) The work is going all right. Not as fast as I want but we’ll have 5 baptisms this week. We’ve been doing a ton of visits to inactive. We’ve had some good experiences but it takes up a lot of time. They also feed us a lot... last night my comp was laughing at me because of the (temporary) gut I've got. I told him to look in the mirror. This week I passed a lot of days a bit frustrated... with him. He only has 5 months left and keeps saying, "it seems like I leave tomorrow” I say it seems like he left yesterday.

 

Anyway, doing the best I can right? Do you remember Toño? The gay kid we baptized? Well the drama continues... the other day he left a letter in our house about how offended he is because we don’t go and play with him and that we never answer the door when he knocks (never mind that we are never home) and that he’s not going to go to church anymore... drama queen crap. So we said that’s fine. He just couldn’t manage to miss the opportunity to miss seeing Acosta and showed up to church... later that night we passed by our neighbors house (members) late for a bit of dinner and all of the sudden he walks out of their bedroom! My comp jumped and said he thought he saw a ghost. And he did not go home! About 11 they took him home and we went to bed. (I slept super good we opened the window and it rained all night.) I woke up in the morning and my comp was angry. I guess that about 1 in the morning Toño showed up at our house and knocked the door like crazy. My comp woke up and saw him and ignored him but then he started banging on the bedroom window! Acosta was about to let him in when he slipped a note under the door and left. It said that his mom kicked him out for getting home late (we found out that was a lie) and he went and took advantage of the neighbors... in the morning we snuck out and played basketball. For all I know he’s waiting on the curb for us... my comp calls him a "pesadilla" look it up.

 Changing the subject now…

 They asked me to talk in sacrament meeting a week ago and I forgot until they announced my name in the program... I didn’t even have my scriptures. Luckily I was last on the program. I was so nervous but I received a lot of help. I shared about Zion. And talked about being united in heart and will. Forgiving one another, not doing anything to hurt anyone. I remembered about a talk President Hinkley gave about kindness and I love the questions he asked. Why do any of us have to be so mean and unkind to others? Why can't all of us reach out in friendship to everyone about us? Why is there so much bitterness and animosity? It is not a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We all need to reach out to those among us. Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people.  Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, and hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ.

 

Love one another… serving one another with true desire and intentions bring real happiness

 Love you all; I rejoice that you are well.  Have a good week.

 -ELDER SOLOMON

 P.S.  when am I gonna get a package!?!?

 

 

No comments: