Monday, June 8, 2009

No pasa nada!

Hey everyone, well another week in the mission. They just fly by faster and faster.  This last week was pretty calm. It was pretty hot and didn’t hardly rain at all. I'm sure its nothing compared to the AZ heat but still saps the energy. We had 2 more baptisms last week, one a 13 yr old kid and another guy. He’s got a pretty cool story. His name is Juan Carlos, and he has met with the missionaries for about a year and half. He never really got interested or wanted to get baptized. We decided to give him another chance. But when we went all we did was read from the Book of Mormon. When we taught something we read it from the BOM and maybe explained a little more it and that’s it. In two weeks he quit smoking decided to live the law of chastity, had a ton of spiritual experiences,... And got baptized. He’s a pretty big guy... Haha, when I baptized him a lot of water splashed out of the font and I had quite a time getting him up. Me and my comp learned some[thing]valuable about  the Book of Mormon.  The prophets off the BoM  teach a  lot better than we do and they are a lot more blunt. We usually beat around the bush promising blessings and whatever while they say, “Do it or you’ll go to hell!” …the cold hard facts. 

Other than that my comps been driving me a little crazy.  He’s become obsessed with basketball and he wants to go play every night even if it means canceling appointments... and for those of you who don’t know, I get pretty angry when I play basketball so I haven’t been enjoying that too much.   Everything is good here.  We are working and baptizing and having fun while doing it. 

Changes are coming up.  I sure hope  I can stay here a little while longer. Cuautepec is like the missionary paradise.  And miracle!:  The Bishop is starting to really get to work.  We’ve developed some confidence and in the first meeting we’ve had with him (yesterday) he got 10 ward missionaries, a committee to update the records, and made a new theme, ( “It is a pleasure to work(in the vineyard of the Lord)) so things are going good here.

It looks like [it’s good] over there too. I cant believe the hole in the backyard! Thats incredible! Do you guys have a cow or anything still? Or just pure farmers now? The green grass and wide open spaces. I forgot there are places in the world like that. :)  The picture of Zack gave me chills, I still remember how scared I was.  Now I feel I don’t get scared of anything. I’ve seen it all here. Group of thugs? No pasa nada. We’ll see what happens when I get home.... well I love you all so much take care. There are so many reasons to be sad. You must look for the good and live for it. 

adios, ¡cuidense!  

Elder Solomon

1 comment:

Nancy Pitney said...

You need to put Zack's blog in the blog list on the left; thanks for keeping us posted!