Monday, July 20, 2009

A pretty hard week

Elder Escobar's Birthday Party
Can you see the temple?
Up high in Mexico City with Elder Roylance and who know who that kid is!
District Leader conference with Roylance, Pope, Sanchez, and Allan
The Banda at Wicho's baptism...Milton baptized him.
The Zone at Cuautepec
Hey everyone what’s going on? Well, if you’re gonna tell me all about the new pool at least send me some pictures so I can see what it looks like! Football camp is at home well that sucks… not enough money or what’s up with that?

Anyway, A pretty hard week for me and I still don’t know why. Yesterday we baptized a complete family and I’ve learned that when that happens Old Scratch throws a fit and the missionary receives most of the blow. We went to the temple on Tuesday and that was really good cuz I haven’t gone in a few months. The rest of the week was nuts. We started something new here that is visiting all the 4s (for those who don’t know the 13 steps of planning from Preach My Gospel, that’s the investigators who go to church) so between interviewing all from my district, the district leaders and having them interview ours, it was nuts. But the results were very pleasing we were able to improve very much so in the zone. And in our own area, we had 4 baptisms and one that fell for this week.

Now we had a big activity planned. Teaching the message of the Restoration but through songs. We called it a musical. It so happened that I was the director. So we practiced a lot and it was tough cuz a lot of elders are worse than the primary kids I once taught! So Saturday was going to be the activity. No one came… we had two investigators come and we put them in a baptism that was going on… lame I was down. I thought, “16 missionaries and we can’t bring anyone to a stinkin activity???” Acosta shared his vision of the activity with me. It was more focused on the Elders than the investigators. For one, we united the zone like none other, we saw who could be a leader, who takes seriously their responsibility and some other things, so I calmed down.

Then Sunday: the baptism. First it was ward conference. Then I went out of sacrament meeting to fill the font and …. No water………………………………………………………………………….

I called the elders of the nearest chapel and told them to fill their font… then after gospel principles class I tried again and water came out! For a half hour……… after services the Relief Society brought a bunch of food and everyone ate. We tried to get members to go with us to do the baptism, but service isn’t a word or action that exists here, so the best they did was drop us off at the other chapel… only one sister and her daughter went. But the service was special. Small but sweet. I was soooooo uptight but after I could relax and coasted out the rest of the day.

Well, I really don’t have much more to say. The word of my week was righteous. What an awesome word. It means so much. Straight unmovable, just, holy, virtuous, honest. I want to be a righteous person.

Love you all and your in my prayers I thank God for the best family ever.

Keep it up with DJ and Airom. You’re the only ones that can give them what they need. Don’t be afraid of anything, except sin, cuz Christ conquered the rest and gives us the opportunity to conquer sin.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: