Monday, July 27, 2009

Smashing Elder Escobar's head in his birthday cake!
Me and Acosta
Tortas (sandwiches), coake and grease!
On a bus
Elder Escobar's birthday party.
Killing two birds with one stone?

Hey everyone,

Well its time for changes. I found out yesterday that I’m going over to the other side of the hill called Santa Cecilia. From what I’ve heard it’s an awesome ward so I’m super excited. It’s the mission's example in work with the members. I know my companion, his name is Elder Contreras, he was my Zone Leader once and we didn’t really get along cuz he’s bossy but I’m gonna do my very best to make it work. That zone (tlanepantla) needs a lot of help...

Yesterday we had 5 baptisms. After last week’s experience I was hoping and praying and doing dad’s tap the forehead thing that everything would be a lot calmer with the baptisms. And luckily, they did! It was part of a family, the family Rico, the mom Graciela, daughter Yazmin, and kid Jose. Then a lady we were going to baptize a long time ago, named Josefina and her boy Armando. Everything went so well. There were tons of members in the service and I got to swim in the font for a while cuz we started and had to wait for someone to come... then I was so happy just to hear the US lost to Mexico in soccer in an embarrassing 5-0 loss.... then I realized and that put me in a bad mood because they ALL rub it in [when the US loses]. And now just packing my bags!

It brings me a lot of joy to hear about you all. I can’t believe school is starting again. You guys are awesome, keep it up. I downloaded all the conference talks and have been studying them. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve been able to get a lot more out of the modern day teachings by slowing it all down reading and marking everything. I’ve learned a lot about my patriarchal blessing and other stuff. Study the teaching of modern day prophets. When I say study, I mean sit down and mark up your copy of the Ensign just like you would your own Book of Mormon. Remember in all thing hope. Faith is the belief, hope is the attitude, optimism, patience, enthusiasm, calmness. God lives. Reflect his love. I love you all take care.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: