Monday, August 17, 2009

The Lord is Boss

Hi there,

Awesome pictures, just nough to make me trunky. I didn’t even listen to the videos, your voices will make me trunky ill wait till Christmas, see if you all can understand me:) I’ve been teaching my comp English and I’, thinking about signing up for the class too!

Well, last week was (I think) the fastest week in my life. Let me tell you. Monday p-day, Tuesday was the DL council, the first half was boring for me, but the after getting back from dinner we got into some interesting stuff and we ended up setting a record: 9 in the morning to 9 at night, 12 hours of council! We all left with a super cool spirit, it was awesome! The best part was we had to come back to Tlalnepantla because there are only so many beds in the offices and we didn’t want to share. So we got home at 11 ish (disobedient I know;). The next day we had to get some stuff ready for the Zone Conference, and went to the visitors center with some investigators which ended up taking about 5 hours to do went to bed. The next morning we left the house early for the conference. I thought it went fairly well. Our zone numbers wise is really small so we had it in the high council room. We talked about diligence, patience, references, CAAR, ( CAAR is a program down here that is a committee from the ward that assigns the missionaries, in-actives, new converts, etc. to visit and then also made plans to help these people.) I talked about English and the importance of learning it, the blessings, and how to do it. It was really good. I realized how much I’ve learned on the subject by my own experience. Then my comp spoke on working with the members. Of course President talks the whole time, throwing in his comments. We never give him a set part in the program cuz we know he’ll just jump in wherever he wants. He is an awesome man. He had us al crying in the DL council and just made us all sit in awe in the conference and does a good job of exciting us to be obedient, work hard, etc., without really telling us directly. He also showed us some stats on the mission. Basically we are no. 1 in Mexico (not to brag, we are also very humble about it) but the best part is the progress the mission in the last trimester grew 5% overall. Basically that’s incredible a 1 or 2 percent increase is expected annually. I’m grateful to be here. Well Friday and Saturday blew by. We didn’t really have that successful of a workweek. Good thing we talk so much about patience and hope or else I would’ve... well gotten down and angry. The Lord is boss.

In the council there was some thing that really stuck to me. The President talked about the Lord calling people as leaders and prophets some old and some young and we looked at a case of one of these young ones. Mormon, at only 10 years old he was charged by Ammaron to take care of the plates. How many of us would trust a 10 year old with our car much less the sacred records of thousands of years? But there were two characteristics that separated Mormon from the rest. It says he was a serious boy and quick to observe. By talking about serious it means reverent. I imagine he knew when it was time to play around time to be quiet: time and a place right? Of course this doesn’t mean all the time boring and serious. Yesterday the elders quorum president walked home with us and basically told us we need to be happy and enjoy the mission, I told him that the only time he sees us is a time to be reverent (in sacrament meeting and in classes), in fact I told him I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in my life! I really am, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna be dancing and singing in elders quorum!!! The second was the ability to observe. We have one investigator that goes crazy crazy when we walk in her house cuz I am always looking around and examining things. She says I have wondering eyes but that’s how I learn. I learn so much about a person by seeing how they live, their pictures, their beliefs, etc. Many times I learn more by looking than by listen to them babble on. However, that too can be a good way to observe. When I started the mission I prayed a lot for the gift of discernment and the ability to observe. It’s so useful being able to really know people, why they do the things they do and how to help them. I hope we all can work towards developing these talents.

God bless you all, don’t get too tan! Brighton enjoy being big buff guy cuz two months in the MTC puts a beating on that and its super hard to get back. I’ve been working out and it feels really good but its just with limited resources. Oh ya, get those girls ready cuz I want a date with them all ¿va? Hahaha

I love you all take care. Do the possible and leave the impossible to God.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: