Monday, November 23, 2009

Life as usual

Ok, well, I guess I’ll respond to your questions first. Me and Roylance are legitimate companions, not just hanging around. There are changes in a week but I think well stay together. I guess we´ll see! We’ve also got more news there. We are going to receive another companionship here in this ward. It’ll be cool but the thing is that we have to change houses, and that’ll be a problem. It won’t be a problem finding another one that fits us; the problem will be getting out of the one we are in. Elder Cruz signed a one-year contract there and we have only been there 3 months. Please help us with your prayers to open the heart of the owner so he will let us change. As I was sitting down to write when Elder John Reed called... of course we talk in English! It’s a bit of a pride thing that when possible, the white guys talk in English. It’s like conserving the traditions.

Oh hey Brighton, how is that job with Jerry? I think I want it. I am focused on the work. It’s like two different lives to tell you the truth. The majority is work, work, and work. But sometimes on Monday I let myself think in other stuff… until the meeting. Congrats to Sheldon and mom, head coach, that’s pretty cool. Brigg and Sheldon I’m sure are going to tear it up in wrestling. Is Workman still there or what’s the whole deal with them? and thanksgiving… I’m hoping to sneak out to Chili’s and see some American football with an American burger in my mouth, but knowing my work ethic lately there won’t be time… Well itsounds like you all are doing awesome, keep it up.

Another 20 lesson week, but this time with one baptism. Her name is Leticia. She is a bigger lady and it took 4 tries to get the gut under the water. The good thing is everyone was laughing, so apart from not being enough water and the lights going out halfway through the baptism, the spirit was there. She was happy, and the investigators were impressed. We just had to explain that this doesn’t usually happen ;) we found her a long time ago. Her mom and son are inactive members but a really nice family. Her mom is super strong willed and bossy as all get out. But Leticia always sides with us ;) we’ve got quite a few people lined up to get wet this week. First and foremost Esmeralda, one of my favorite people in México. She always gives us a little dinner after our lessons and is just ready to go! Juana and her family are good. They are still having a super hard time accepting that the virgin of Guadalupe is idolatry. But they will is just hard for tradition and this time of year is when they really celebrate her. The work is moving forward like never.

I’m not really thinking of much to say today. I’m enjoying life. Mom you are right I have grown up. A lot. I feel like I’ve waken up and I know the more I learn the more my eyes will be opened. I just finished Alma this week. My favorite by far lately has been Alma 60. There is so much good stuff there and the way to persuasion! I love this work. I love the Lord, there is no greater work except for the one we do in our own homes. I love you all and wish you a happy Thanksgiving! Have fun at the cabin.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: