Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm tired!

Wow, that looks like you guys had a great time at the cabin for Thanksgiving! I’ll tell you about my Thanksgiving in a sec. I don't recognize ANYONE!!!! In the picture where you are cleaning the highway I didn't recognize Porter, Cherish, Calvin.. and... what’s her name?!?! I forgot, Brian’s smallest kid....and everyone else. I am so out of it here. I can’t believe I only have 5 month left... its a sobering thought.

I’ve been trying to make time count cuz its running out but.. I don’t know, maybe I'm trying too hard. I work hard and am having a ton of fruits but my body isn't keeping up. I don’t know if I told you but we had to change houses, we found an ok one a little bit up a hill and planned on moving Saturday cuz the assistants were gonna bring the van to help us. But they never came so I called one sister who has a big van and she said she would help us but not till like 6 in the afternoon. I said ok and she didn't get to the house till 8:30! I asked one of the district leaders Elder Garcia and his comp to help us move we moved all the stuff fast in an hour and a half but we left it all outside while me and Elder Roylance cleaned the whole house from top to bottom. Then we started moving in the stuff. We got it all in and started organizing stuff. I got sick at about 12:30. After being in the bathroom for a while I literally collapsed on my bed and stayed there. Sunday I got the rest organized.

We didn’t have that many lessons this week and I tried to take it more easy but.. we had 8 baptisms this week and... that’s a lot of work. The first one was Esmeralda, she is an incredible lady we met a few weeks ago. She is separated from her husband and her kids live with him. She always has an awesome smile and just as happy as can be, and loves the Elders. She got baptized with Susana Luna and her son Josué. Susana went to an open house a couple weeks ago and put on the reference card that she wanted a visit but we didn’t go for about a week and half. The whole time I knew we had to go see her. When we finally got there she explained how she has been looking for something in her life like this. We filled the need and she progressed, fast. Josue is slightly mentally handicapped and full of energy. They all got baptized on Saturday. On Sunday the Marcos Family got baptized or, as you know them, Juana and her dad. The whole week we were with them. I think we passed by with them every day almost. There were a lot of doubts and indecision. We took Garcia on Saturday and he interviewed everyone (it took forever) and they all felt better. Sunday morning we passed by for them all ready! Juana said she wasn’t gonna get baptized that day (I’m assuming it was that time of the month) we gave her the look like, "you really want to try this?" and she said, "well I think I can." hahaha it was wonderful. The water went out again and we had just barely enough. Good thing they are all short. Afterwards we went to the food appointment and at about 630 I was in my pajamas in bed until 8 when a lot of Elders came over to the house to get their changes. I got to say bye to Elder Acosta over phone. It was sad to know he’s gone. He was one of my best comps but, that’s what happens. The cool part is he gets home one day after his twin brother. Me and Elder Roylance got together again. Even though we are two white guys we’ve had such success together, so they left us together. We had 19 baptisms this transfer cycle or change as we call it, which is phenomenal. I’m so grateful for the success and joy we’ve had lately. We got to 36 baptisms in the zone this month which is awesome too, but I decided I’ve got to start focusing more on the zone and help out the rest more. The two elders that are coming with us are Elder Flores and Elder Barrera both relatively new. This should be fun living all together. Well. I’ve got more to write but I am literally falling asleep over the keyboard. Please pray that I’ll have physical strength, I need it cuz I can’t slow down. Not yet. I love you all and always pray that he will bless you. I’m glad that those prayers are being answered. The gospel is true and love is the motive.

---ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: