Monday, December 14, 2009

The Virgin's Birthday

Today we complete 19 months! In the words of Elder Roylance “I can’t wait to go home!” This past week was a bit of a tough one. The “Virgin’s Birthday” was Saturday and so that means party and idol worshiping all week long. We had a super hard time getting any one to church cuz even the people that don’t believe in the Virgin wouldn’t pass up and opportunity for all night partying. It sounded like a war field with all the fireworks going off and the usual music loud as can be. They take their hick Banda music and crank it up, or the gay techno stuff. It’s like if your gonna keep me up all night at least put on some good stuff! So we had almost no one in the chapel which means very little chances for a baptism this week… except one old man who showed up to church and is friends with some members. We taught him lesson 1 right there in the chapel and told him. “Well baptism is the door to enter into Gods kingdom, would you be willing to follow His example getting baptized?” yup. So well see how it goes. Not much to report it was a boring week. I knocked a lot more doors than usual. I kind of don’t like doing it because I feel like I condemn them if they don’t accept. I give them so many chances with promises and testimony that they really know what they are rejecting. Oh well, that’s just part of the work.

I set a goal to read the BoM by the end of the year I’m halfway through 3 Nephi. If I stick to my 7 pages a day ill reach it. The weather here is hot. It’s not really Christmas weather.

Wow, I’m out of stuff to say. Love you all take care. Send them Christmas packages;) see you in a bit.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: