Monday, December 21, 2009

Who are we going to baptize?

Well, I was in divisions all week. It was nice to be with my District leaders and learn more about them and instruct a little bit. We had a surprise ZL council on Wednesday, which was a bit of a let down. I thought there was gonna be some new stuff but it was a bit boring. I was also pretty sick so I didn’t want to be there, but I’m better for it!

So, this week me and Roylance were saying, “ who are we going to baptize this week!?!? “ No one has been progressing, and we have been knocking a lot of doors lately. It’s just no one will go to church, which isn’t usually a problem here. But on Saturday, there was a baptism in the chapel. We invited a few people and one family went. This family, Ricardo, Veronica, Fanny, and two little kids, David and the other one I don’t remember his name. They went to church quite a few times and we taught them lesson one but the Landlord got angry and wouldn’t let us in so we tried putting appointments in the chapel but they never showed up. So we kind of gave up on them. But, they went to the baptism and we grabbed them and taught lesson 3 (the gospel of Jesus Christ) and challenged them to baptism. Knocked out a few doubts and they said yes! They asked, “ when”, and we said, “tomorrow”! We taught the rest really fast and the next day, Sunday, I was waiting for something to go wrong but... no! Everything was perfect and smooth. (Except for the food... the hermana was all excited for us to come over and made tacos of… well looked like dog guts all mashed up and cooked in a pot. We all got sick). The service was beautiful and the room was FULL of members which always gives a good environment. The Lord Lives ands loves his servants, that I’m sure of. Well, and everyone else too. My testimony was confirmed this week that God rewards hard work and he is the one in charge.

Susana’s mom also got baptized this week, but Elder Flores and Elder Barrera were teaching her. I love Susana. Her countenance is brilliant! When she walked in to church yesterday Elder Roylance whispered to me, “she looks like a molly mormon”. I laughed cuz it is so true. What an incredible blessing it is to see the Lord’s converts progress especially when you had something to do with it.

Have fun in the snow. It’s like 60 here and I am freezing. The temperature finally dropped this week. Have a wonderful day (London’s gradutation to the next life day). Remember memories are like April flowers in the Decembers of our lives. And there is no field of flowers like the mission field. May the memory of London stir us all to get up and do something more than dream of our heavenly mansion above. Fill the world with light, that’s what she did isn’t it? Without knowing it she was following the Saviors example because that’s what He did isn’t it? I love you all; ill wait your phone call. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts on my behalf.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: