Tuesday, May 27, 2008

6:03 am

Hey there. Doin my Tuesday mornin laundry. It’s been a strange week. Definitely into more of a groove than last week. Less LGMs (large group meetings) and more study. We’ve been teaching the first discussion so much lately. Its kinda hard because your like "ok im just gonna say the exact same thing I said an hour ago" but im trying. Try talking without "um" in your language it is SO hard and I bust up laughing every time I do it. We’re really trying to work on “SYL” -speak your language, which means try to always talk Spanish. It’s kinda hard because I usually just make up stuff and most of the district cant understand me any way. They always ask me “how do you say this and why is that”, and usually my answer is just cuz 'that’s how they do it'

 

Bridgett- esta bien. yo aprendo tambien.

Brigg try and figure this one out and you will laugh a lot- Conoce el hombre de mollete? (Even my teachers couldn’t figure it out:)

 

Elder Hoyt is doing great. Out of those who haven’t taken any Spanish he’s definitely the best. We call him the Conjugator. He’s good in lessons and bears tender testimony. (Evens out mister factual doctrine…this is how it is).

 

Thanks for the cookies mom, however we had a district leave yesterday and they saw fit to bestow their riches upon us. So I have boxes of just junk. I always appreciate it though. I’m trying to figure out how long it takes to get letters from me then return them. When did u get the stupid chocolate card? I’ve only got letters from you guys since they don’t deliver mail on sat sun or Memorial Day. Hopefully I have something to reply to tonight.

 

I think I might of told you about the Mexican visa problems. Even some Argentinean visas are having problems.  There are missionaries going all over Utah, Vegas, Texas and Atlanta so far as ive heard. I finally found Jon Arnett. He’s really turned into a spiritual person and was so happy to see me. Had some good advice. I had a really good experience Sunday. We had a really good fireside, then after we stayed and watched the testaments. I was crying like a lot in it. It’s such a powerful message. The whole time I was thinking 'that’s my boss' it was awesome. This work is so real. We need not fear ever. Moroni tells us 'for perfect love casteth out all fear' Moroni... I forgot its in chapter nine I think. (I could tell u about seven scriptures on apostasy...) I love teaching about the first vision. Everyone- it did happen. There really is a true prophet on the earth. I testify of it. he knows us and wants us to be together forever. true story.

 

Love you all and am praying for u (mostly in Spanish mi familia:) hope everything is going well. oh ya the weather has been rainy here too. it snows on the mountain tops... excited to go to the temple even though its not the mesa one, brings a huge peace and focus to me. love you all so much Que la via bien!

No comments: