Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June 3, 2008

Hey momma, family and everyone else, 

Things are goin awesome! Ya, ok, so last p-day after I sent all my letters, I got a stack of them I'm not even kidding! Huge. It was great to get a letter from all of Dave's kids, It made me happy. I'm really missing seeing kids around here. I miss my Primary class and their innocence. 

Well, we finally got a different classroom. Instead of the fifth floor we're now on the first floor which is so much nicer. However, me and Elder Hoyt came to a rude awakening on Sunday while at the temple…we noticed our faces are getting fatter! Mine not so much as his but it’s wierd cuz our bodies are the same, needless to say I haven’t pulled out the old camera for a while. We decided only one plate of food a meal and only water. Ha! Well the Spanish is progressing. We like going outside and stopping random missionaries to bear testimony to. The best part is most of them are Idaho elders heading for Phoenix so they have no idea what I’m saying! I do make some stuff up though and it works the same. Yesterday we went to the TEC (teaching evaluation center) and taught the second lesson (plan of salvation) and it was so good we've found out so many good things. First of all if you’re excited and absolutely love the message, so will the investigator and the spirit is there like that! 

Secondly the plan of salvation as centered about the Atonement, not so much pre-earth and after-life but it’s about Christ and inviting people to follow him. 

Ok, so Elder Hoyt... last week he found out his favorite uncle killed himself and it hit him so hard I tried to comfort him in the way I do and I think it helped but he was still hurting. He moped around for like two days and a Branch Presidency member came and visited with him. I’ll read from my journal... 

'When they came back a blessing of comfort was requested. Of course, I was the chosen one.  my heart quickened and I removed myself momentarily to pray to Heavenly Father. We sang a song and I couldn’t utter a word.  Then a prayer and the whole district joined me.  I gave the blessing and was so surprised how the words came to me, my body was shaking but my voice was steady. I told him the Lord was pleased with him and is aware of him. I told him he will find comfort through Christ and earnest. It was wonderful. I love using the Priesthood, it is such a huge blessing in our lives if we let it be." 

 It worked and because of this experience he has taught of the plan with such testimony and conviction... however one request momma. He comes from a big family and it seems his mom is a little worn out. She’s only sent two letters and they’ve been just as short as Jackies one… but really you have no idea what it would mean if he were to get a package or even a letter... same address as me… just to him.   Thank you Thank you Thank you.  Well, I hope everything is going well. Heard it’s hot. It’s been in the eighties here and hasn’t rained lately. Course, I wouldn’t notice cuz I’m inside all stinkin day anyway... keep the letters coming- you have no idea how supporting they are. Love you all incredibly. Boys - read the Book of Mormon, no, don’t read it… devour it soak it in, study it!  If it is true then so is everything else.

I love you all so much.  See ya.

No comments: