Thursday, June 19, 2008

change of heart

Well, howdy everyone, how are we doin? Sounds like the Arizona is whipping everyone’s rear ends. Not really missing it… the weather is wonderful here. I’ve been a bit under the weather lately but nothing too bad.  Stuffy nose leads o sore throat to tiredness, but it’s not affecting my work at all, it’s just hard to walk back to the room at the end of the night. Kinda like it that way to tell you the truth.

 

Spanish is coming wonderful. We taught the first lesson in Spanish on Wednesday.  We went in to teach it to an evaluator/teacher brother yesterday and he was impressed. He said don’t even worry about your Spanish; he thought we were in the accelerated class! He also said to bear testimony every chance.  Reminded me of Helaman 5:17-18. Some of my many heroes.

 

I got a new study journal, a bigger sized one so I’m really trying to fill that sucker up, there’s just not enough time in the day. I’ve been getting Dayton’s emails. It seems like there is two new ones every time I log on... still trying to figure that out, oh and what he’s saying too.  I know my mind is all Spanish (I start writing in it when im not thinking) but what in the world is he saying? Hahaha… sounds like he’s doing good, love to hear it, Elder Dees is doing good too, he’s been emailing me.

 

Family is sounds like you guys are doing awesome.  Be an example for righteousness always. We got a new district leader. He was probably the last one every one thought it would be. He’s a big passive loving guy who always has his arm around you, he’s a wonderful elder and it goes to show you never know when you’ll be needed… always be ready. Elder Hoyt and me had a good study on a "change of heart" and read the article in the newest ensign. Its fantastic, (I’ve also been reading in Alma, just got past chap. 5). Its wonderful to see the change in him and in me. The other night I was lying in my bed thinking about my first month in the mission and I realize I have no regrets. That’s how I want it for my whole mission. When you have a change of heart rules no longer become fences they become guardrails.

 

I love bearing my testimony in Spanish, Brigg find out how to do that. It seems it becomes more personal and more simple and beautiful. I challenge you to bear your testimony in Spanish in church… you can do it. Thank you so much for the support and your prayers, I can feel them strengthen me so I can do things I usually wouldn’t be able to. yo sé que Jesucristo es mi Salvador y la iglesia es verdadero. I love you all so much. hasta ver

No comments: