Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hello

Hello everyone,

 

Things are going awesome here. As if there would be any alternative when you are living in a "school of prophets" -not as many of the incredible experiences as last week but there are some nonetheless. We’ve been really focusing on teaching the first lesson in Spanish and it is tough! We taught it to another companionship on Sunday afternoon. It went pretty well. I talked mostly but I did make up a lot of the words and conjugations. Hahaha! I love it it’s so fun. I’m sure they’ll understand me down there anyway. Other than that I found by just drinking water at meals then eating whatever, I feel a tons better. Kinda cool. I also found the weight lifting machines in the gym (up by the track) and so I worked out my legs a bit. So here five days later I cannot walk cuz of soreness! Little wimp.

 

Well family I’ve wrote you all individual letters (took the whola morning) hopefully you receive them before too long. Mom - I feel bad because you write me so much and I can never write back...

 

In class the other day we talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Everyone, I testify, THIS IS THE MOST INCREDIBLE TOOL WE HAVE FOR EVERY PART OF OUR LIVES!!!! If studied PRAYERFULLY it can become so incredibly personal and it really is a reflection of Christ’s love for us. It is the answer to our questions and the comfort we seek. READ IT EVERY DAY. Make it personal.  Our teacher told us about this investigator in Venezuela who was given a Book of Mormon, but it was a while before they could get to him (in person). When they did, he was so incredibly excited. He read the whole thing and carried it everywhere. When they first started talking about something he’d pull it out of his workbag and pretty much teach the concept to the missionaries from the Book!!! Incredible story of someone who made it his book and applied it to his personal life. Wonderful (maravilloso)!

 

 Dave when I write you I’ve got an awesome joke.... anywho…I got an email from Elder Dees, I was so excited. I love getting your letters. Everyone was jealous cuz I got nine last night. I was on cloud nine, and they were all so encouraging. To Aimee and Zack, our Spanish tutor here bought one of them scooter things for $150. He pays $2.50 a week for gas and absolutely loves it.  He calls it the Red Thunder " cuz it makes noise like thunder" and it only goes like thirty (not including down hill.) He’s awesome and is from Columbia.

 

I love this work. I love being Gods servant. We had a large group meeting and the sisters going to Italy were whining about a "successful" mission… they were worried about going to a low baptizing mission. I raised a hand and said we are not here to go home and be labeled a successful missionary. We are here to serve the lord. Then everything else takes care of itself. I get pretty pumped up here. I love it. I love you all thanks for the support. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!! YOU ARE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD! What does that mean? Study it out for yourself. Then ask. Strive to always always have the spirit with you. God loves you I know it cuz he loves me.

 

-Elder Solomon

No comments: