Monday, January 12, 2009

BAM!

My new greenie

Well I’ll start with the good and then move on to the rest of the stuff that went on this week. The good is we had 2 baptisms on Sunday and we have 4 more programmed for this week. The bad is none of the four went to church Sunday. Someone spread a rumor that all the bishops had a special meeting so there wasn’t going to be services on Sunday and a lot of people didn’t go... gimme a break. The area is really running except its hard to find new investigators... 

Ok story time. After English classes Saturday we were taking the girl home that just got baptized and she stopped at this rotisserie chicken stand and bought some stuff and offered me some. They looked like chicken legs so I ate them and they were really good so I had four. I got to investigate and the bones weren’t set up like legs. Did a little more investigating and sure enough... chicken neck. Didn’t have another. Well I also spend my monthly allowance this week as well. Some investigators finally decided to get married and they don’t have jobs right now. So I paid for it and they’re gonna pay me back. Its worth it, no? 

Now the scary story, mom you pry [probably] don’t want to read this one. There is this one part of our area where it is a railroad yard and there are a lot of people that live in boxcars and have just built on to them. It’s kind of cool but obviously really poor. Anyway I contacted a lady that lives there and we went to visit. She’s really cool and said she was going to church with us but as we were trying to leave we passed a group of pretty drugged up guys about my age. Well, they surrounded my helpless greenie and me and  the “boss”  walked up to me and asked me if I was going to invite him to a beer. I told him I didn’t have any beer and he told me to go to the store and buy him some. The lady then came running and the group left except the boss who got really close to me and I really thought he was going to hit me or stab me or something. I then took out twenty pesos and threw it at him and he left... I told the lady we will teach her in the chapel... close call. What;s interesting is earlier that day I found that twenty-peso bill in the street earlier that day. God always gives the way out, right? My poor greenie peed his pants I think... hahaha. He’s doing good, just kind of clueless and can’t do anything on his own. My only stress is the district now. The zl´s [zone leaders] really push like crazy and it’s a lot of pressure. I just have to figure out how to motivate them [my missionaries].

 Ok, I’ve babbled enough. Having a good time and working like crazy. Glad to hear the boys are doing so good in wrestling, Keep it up.  I’m sick that the one year im gone and can’t watch football the Cardinals are doing so good... oh, well.  Love you all. Be safe and stay away from boxcars.

 

---Elder Solomon

 

No comments: