Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 19, 2009

enough said.....
Yvonne and her family. These are the ones I helped get married.
Family Rodriguez.  Hector and Oscar got baptized.
Well, guess what? I got a package from November 16. And with that and the package from Aimee, and Sis. Leopard I've got enough stinkin sunflower seeds to last till the millennium. (Maybe a little more) and thank you SO much for the spice of life stuff. I'm a fan. Overnight here it turned just so stinkin cold and it really got me sick, but that magic potion makes me feel like a new man. Send more. I'm also a fan of mi cardenales, like they’re called here. A little Arizona pride. I love how all the papers are lit up with the emblem here. Good luck with London’s Run. You will be blessed for you charity.

 Three more baptisms last Saturday and I've completed the 5 goal for this month. You guys prayed too hard thanks! Now I need help with the other companionships in my district. I'm gonna go work with them a lot now. This week I had some of the best numbers of my mission and I have been so stinkin tired and a little sick.... but satisfied. I feel I'm moving into the next stage in my mission. That of accepting what and who I am and what can be done. It’s liberating. The best part is the revelation that just flows, it’s so real. I've had ideas that would never happen before. One of my companionships has been having a lot of problems, they went with the zone leaders and the mission president but nothing. This week something happened and they called the Pres. and he said, “I'm busy call your district leader”... well, I talked with them and did divisions the rest of the day, and talked to them again, and haven’t heard of a problem since then. THE LORD IS IN CHARGE, LET HIM WORK THROUGH YOU AND YOU WILL BE MUCH MORE THAN YOU CAN BE BY YOURSELF.  It’s true what they say. To see those who won’t let the Lord in and won’t exercise just a seed of faith just fills me with sadness. Then I think of those of my own family who are straying and it is grief just intense. I feel like crying. Just come home.... 

However, those who are holding on even through the mists of darkness make me want to shout.  "Hurrah for Israel!!!" God lives and he loves us. I know it. Just trust him. I feel like I have so much to say right now. The gospel is simple: live the law and receive the blessings. Repentance normally isn’t big changes. Its just little ones. I love you all. I know God lives the proof is in everything and He is talking to us. We just have to listen.

 Elder Solomon

 

 

No comments: