Monday, January 26, 2009

An Incredible Peace

Well you’ll have to send me some of the cookies. I've also got a birthday wish list this year. Music. I'm so stinking sick of that ipod I've got. I've got every song memorized. Just some cds like EFY stuff, Kenneth Kope, maybe some easy listening stuff like Hawaiian, classical, just good stuff. Please, gracias. Oh also and little book for learning English easy. I'm struggling in my English classes. Ok I also got that new debit card. Do I have to call to activate it or can you? I don’t want to its a pain in the butt.

 Ok, well I had a really good experience with the sacrament this week. During the sacrament meeting some business came up and I had to leave when I got back they had locked the doors and I couldn’t get in. I felt so bad that I didn’t get to partake and a gloomy spirit came over me. Later that night in our meeting another elder didn’t take the sacrament either. So we asked permission from a bishop and we were able to take it there at 8:30 in the night. When I took it I felt such a load lifted and a refreshing feeling. It was real. If never really realized the importance of the sacrament. Those of us that are in the "endure to the end" phase are living a weekly cycle. We sin, exercise faith and repent all in the week and then we get the opportunity to wash the sins away just like we did at baptism. If you miss one step you are not enduring to the end. Well I did a lot of divisions with my district and we were able to get a few baptisms out of them to end the month. I've been feeling a lot of pressure lately but we went to the temple on Tuesday and I left with such an incredible peace that has kept me calm in those moments of alarm. Something super cool. My companion is Elder Villegas who I am training. His companion in the mtc was Elder Lechuga who went to the east mission and his trainer just happens to be Elder John Reed. Wowser! That’s so cool. Any who I'm gonna go I've got a lot of stuff to do today. Love you all take care and good luck at London’s run. I want a shirt, a cool one. The church is true. 

Elder Solomon

 P.S. go cards!

No comments: