Monday, March 30, 2009

Peace, finally

Well an exhausting week... my new area is the end of a gulley - valley type thing that opens up into the main valley where the city is. Its just hills. Up and down. I feel like I'm climbing mount baldy everyday. They build their little concrete houses anywhere they can. It’s amazing. But I like it a lot. Even though every square inch is covered in concrete I feel like I'm out of the city a bit. It’s high up so the smog doesn’t affect us too much. Its humble people so all the cars are slug bugs and the busses. No McDonalds no Walmart, no atms, none of that stuff. The people are also a lot more willing to listen too. We taught 33 lessons this week but only 1 went to church... they love to listen but don’t like to act... its a little frustrating because I am go-go-go and they live a bit more relaxed… its my next lesson.

 My companion is a good kid; he has 3 months in the mish and is still pretty green. He's from Sonora so we get along good cuz we are "neighbors" he just doesn’t really teach good.

 This week I have found something that I haven’t felt my whole mission. Peace. There is something incredible about working the whole day, my mind never wandered home, I never worried about the future. It was awesome and I'm hoping to keep it up. The satisfaction... I've also been reading in “Teachings of the Prophet Spencer W Kimball.” It’s really good about why we are here on earth. I can’t remember it all but he said something about Christ becoming the Christ because he had absolute control over his body and that is part of our task here, to become absolute master of our bodies. I can’t remember what else but a lot of things struck me in that first chapter. Look it over in FHE.

 Anyway, being up high the sun has burnt me a bit, I've got a lovely tan line on my neck and my hair is turning goldish, I bath out of a bucket because there is no hot water... but its all good. "Thy trials and afflictions shall be but for a short time, and then if thou endureth well thou shalt be exalted on high". I'm glad to hear you all are doing well. Keep it up. I can only do as good as my family does. Dad, you are right, fear and doubt are enemies to faith. We can have questions but not doubts. The faith is made up of two parts, believe and do. If it misses one part it is dead.

 I love you and pray for you.

Elder Solomon

No comments: