Monday, October 19, 2009

I think she liked me

A mustang!?!? I had to drive crap always (well the jeep was cool but I’m still mad). Spencer Denham was right, your parents only start buying cool stuff when you leave like pools, cool cars... enjoy it Brighton, cuz in a few months you’ll be climbing hills, sweating, and smelling poop and mariguana all day, and I’ll be wearing your clothes in your car dating your girls hahahahaha (evil laugh). Well, I gave in today as well. I found a suit store with 70% off and bought a pretty nice one for about 65 bucks (800 pesos) and some new hush puppies (35).

It’s change time again. Luckily I’m staying with Elder Cruz. He added a month to his mission so he’ll be leaving in four weeks, and they gave me another companion. I could not believe who it is… Elder Roylance, my best friend in the mission! We were in the MTC together and have been in the same zone a few times. There will be two white guys walking around Molinito... watch out! I’m ready to really open it up this change and see what I can do.

Irma presented us to her sister and family and we are teaching them. They are an awesome family but the dad gets pretty drunk a lot but he wants to change so it’ll be possible. The absolute best is teaching a whole family. The little 8 year old girl already wants to get baptized! We are teaching another person whose sister is a member and this past week for a huge temper tantrum she (the investigator) got that facial paralysis deal. They all saw it like a huge tragedy but I was fighting back the laughs so hard! She reminded me of Brigg when he got it. Especially when we made her laugh and only half of her face worked... I was laughing so hard... inside. She has a baptismal date for this Saturday so we hope all goes well.

Um what else... hey what’s up with you guys thinking I’m a BSer?? I know I was a really different person before my mission but I really don’t even tell the half that goes on here. Obviously I’ve had good comps lately. (except Contreras, he got moved down to DL for being so lazy) but trust me, I’m giving it my all and I really feel good about what I’m doing. Not a conformist by any means. I cant tell you how many times I’ve gotten late to the house mad cuz we only had 3 lessons that day, anyway...

Oh, one more story, I had a self-esteem booster this week. We were walking down a street at about 4 pm on Friday and we walked by a big group of teenagers starting with the Cerveza, (here they sell to whoever has money, [no matter their age]). As we walked by all the girls whistled and the guys shouted stuff, but we just walked by as always, and about a half a block from there two of the guys ran up to us and started talking to us. They asked us what we do why we don’t drink and stuff like that. After like 5 minutes my comp(he is super blunt) said, “Ok, why did you really want to talk to us?” The one kid smiled and just said, “Oh she just wanted to talk to the guero (white guy)”. Sure enough a few more came up to us and we kept talking and one girl came up and started stepping softly on my foot and brushing my arm. The little greenie warning alarm went off and I stood on the other side of my comp. We left them there and kept on working but it was a little funny story for me!

Oh ya, Acosta the Argentino, is the new assistant so I’m sure well be getting along just fine. He was my comp for 3 months and we are good friends.

Stop partying too much... na, I lied keep on partying ;) love you all so much thank you for being the best family ever.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: