Monday, February 15, 2010

peronal revelations

Ok, well it’s nearly 7:30 pm of a pretty crazy day; we had a zone activity starting at 9 am with our district meetings and then cooked up some burgers and played some football and soccer. That was pretty fun except my shins are hurting from these wanna be professionals here who go all out and hit me in the leg instead of the ball… We played tackle football on a tiny patch of grass just big enough for 4 on 4 with 4 downs. Good thing we are all out of shape and softies, No one got hurt, just some strawberries. Well, during this all at about 10 the mission president called me and wanted to talk to my comp. They talked for about 5 minutes and then my comp gave me the phone. The president told me that my comp’s dad had got in a serious accident and was hospitalized in Queretaro, a nearby state, and was in really bad condition and that I would need to support my comp a lot during this time. It was quite a shock. While we were playing he went with another elder to a nearby member’s house and called his mom. Apparently his dad has about a day to live and if he lives he will be in really bad shape. Tough stuff. As I was cleaning up the huge hamburger mess he told me he might go to the hospital, (in a different mission) to make a long story short I put him on a bus headed towards his house (about an hour from here) and I’m with another companionship. I dropped of the clothes with one sister so she can wash them and here I am!

Who knows what happens. He’s supposed to return tomorrow afternoon but well see.

This last week I had a few “personal revelations” to call them that way. They were more of the type of revelations the Brother of Jared received when he forgot to pray and the Lord chewed him out for 3 hours. It wasn’t so long and intense but the same kind of deal. Lately we have been a bit down, me and my comp, not having the spirit as I have enjoyed during the majority of my mission. I was pretty sure that it had something to do with me. (I’m starting to find out other stuff about the person I teach with, but they can’t be said here, its just he needs a one on one) but we were walking along and I realized that I have been doing things “my” way. The way I normally do things here in the mission, they've worked before, I realized that my prayers had become monotonous and I wasn’t really asking Him for help, nor for his advice since we had stopped planning to a certain degree. I realized we had to include the Lord much more than we had been doing and let the Holy Ghost be the senior companion as it should be. Well, we planned really well that night and did some repenting. But the next day I didn’t feel much better to tell the truth. Until the night we were walking again and I realized I had been heading downhill ever since New Years. I had my goal to read the Bom before the end of the year which I did but hadn’t started again, I figured I could dive in a little more with the Bible and stuff like that, but in that night I realized the importance of reading the Book of Mormon in my personal life and confirmed the fact that I have to always be praying and reading the Book of Mormon in order to be ok. These last few days that I have done it have been sweet and I feel much better.

Ok, well hopefully we can have a good week and recuperate a bit from the last 2 weeks that have been down in the dumps as far as numbers go. I’m excited and ready to roll. It may be my last week here in this area so I’ve got to give it all and leave it ready for the next one who comes.

I love you all, study and pray hard, and be good.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: