Monday, February 1, 2010

Couln't ask for more

London’s Run sounds like fun. As Elder Wirthlin says, learn to laugh. Sorry you had to do all that work and go through all that stress and still be criticized. It’s hard when someone judges something that they have no idea about isn’t it. But you do, everyone has been shooting daggers at me lately for the whole Haiti earthquake. The US always is the bad guy here, never mind the millions sent to the country, all they see here is the few children traffickers and that "the US is taking over Haiti cuz they wanna rule the world". Whatever. I just say, “Sorry if I offended you in any way for being in your presence. Can you forgive me?” That shuts them up.

Today we played volleyball with the ward in the morning and it started raining and it was coming down! But we kept playing and it was fun. Now I’m sitting here with my socks trying to let them dry.

The work moves on. We had another baptism this week. His name is Martin. His wife got baptized a couple of months ago but never wanted anything until he played soccer for a while with the Bishop and other brothers and recognized that were not really all that weird after all. So he got baptized in a very special service. Every one was crying. After that, to celebrate we went with him and the ward team to get our butts whipped 5-2 at a nearby field, but it was fun to run on some turf under the lights and even with a real referee.

The zone did awesome too. 7 of the 9 companionships baptized resulting in 9 baptisms over all which is a high point in my service as a zone leader, The Lord has been blessing me a lot in that calling as the zone has really begun to prosper. It used to be that I baptized for the zone but now we’ve repented.

What else can I talk about? Oh ya, it’s the first day of February, the month that has my birthday, (I turn 21 on the 27th for all you who have forgotten). I will be able to legally drink in the states. Here age doesn’t matter. All that does is your 20 pesos... And the 14th of this month is a very special day, not because its Valentines, it’s cuz I complete 21 months in the mission! Meaning there are only 3 left. But whose counting anyway! I’m happy where I’m at. I’m working and that makes a missionary happy. I couldn’t ask for more.

I can’t think of any sweet experience story tell from this week so I’ll just leave it like this. Love you all have a great week and study hard!

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: