Tuesday, July 8, 2008

first holiday away from home

Well why you guys are having the usual family debates, i've been having debates with knuckleheads on the Mormon.org chat, these people are SO stiff-necked. I wish I could debate like Paco, I'm so glad i'm going to somewhere there are humble people...

 

Bridgett… we’ll have none of that. I'm supposed to have kids before you remember???

 

Any who... sounds like you all had a good Fourth of July. We had a big fireside with the whole MTC and we played the chimes to different pioneer and patriotic songs, it was fun but a bit boring, no cowboys getting bucked by bulls.... then there was a fireworks show, just good enough to make every missionary in the place miss family... and other friends. Hahaha. Then I got sick on Sunday and felt like crap. S'all good though still got a sore throat and sound like an old man.

 

But we've been having some good experiences. Taught some native Columbians last Wednesday and it was SWWEET they didn’t speak any English and the lesson was awesome!!

 

Any who we got our flight plans the other day and were supposed to fly out on Monday... but the visas... so well still be here, might get reassigned for a while or so the rumors go, but ill be able to call home on Friday for 5 minutes to tell officially I’m delayed. Someone better answer.

 

Sorry my English is crap; I can’t even talk it anymore!!! But that’s good. And sorry this letter isn’t all insightful cuz i'm still tired from being sick but I can tell you the Lord answers the prayers of His servants. He helps me out so much every single day. I love seeing the change He has caused to come about in the lives of these my brethren that are so close to me. They are truly being shaped into His instruments as am I. the gift of tongues is so real. In two months the least of our district can talk like a four year old in Spanish. Awesome. Elder Hoyt and me taught the Sunday school lesson on Sunday about the Book of Mormon. It went really good and for a while we studied a chapter as a district. It was awesome cuz everyone had different insights and knowledge we were able to share it and the spirit was pretty strong. I'm almost finished the BoM since I got here and I love it, I got a pocket sized one I carry around.

 

ik (I know) out of time already. Love you all so much and I know the Lord does too, be diligent in all that you do and never give it up, we are at war with the devil, remember this is for reals, just like the Nephites if we are divided inside it will be easy for the adversary to take over, as momma says, forgive and forget.

 

Ok love you tons, hasta tarde ---

Elder P T Solomon

 

 

No comments: