Wednesday, July 30, 2008

IT AIN'T BUDGING!

P day [Preparation day] got switched to Wednesday for the old folks here.

 

[Preston got a panicky email from his mom who was worried when she didn’t receive the expected email on Tuesday]

 

Sorry, first off Nancy, you scared the crap out of me, I got your letter and started reading without looking who it was from, I thought it was from my mom... well after I got back in my chair and changed my pants I realized who it was from, that’s so stinkin exciting!!!!!!!! Congratulations!  [Aunt Nancy is pregnant!]

 

But momma, WE GOT OUR PERMISAS!!!!!!! We should be leaving in a few days like within a week! Our whole district is just bouncing off the walls like Brighton Jr. at the dinner table. Man it’s exciting and weird to think we're not going to spend the rest of eternity in here, weird thought.  Someone told me an average missionary’s goal in our mission is roughly 130 baptism............. wow!

 

 

Many of the Elders in our district now have progressing investigators in the RC [the Referral Center –missionaries answer phone calls and request for information from the Church’s website].  I don’t cuz I just stink at it, so Elder Buttars and me get to visit a bunch.  I'm still working my butt off, in fact I might need to get some reading glasses in Mexico as this computer screen and book stuff all day has really taken a toll on my eyes... we’ll see what happens.

 

Another scare this week, Jalin's wedding announcement! Wow kinda weird but so stinkin exciting, she’ll have a kid before I’m back!  That is the wierd part. I told her I’ll be an uncle.

 

Well one quick story about the RC and a man who tried to shake my faith and I’m telling you all now IT AINT BUDGING!  It was a chat and he tried telling me Mormonism is devilish, and that the temple ordinances are just freemason stuff, he really tried to get me to look into the freemason practices, and kept saying stuff like” it’s ok God loves Mormon’s too".  After a while I decided it was time to end it, I told him something to the effect of " I am a representative of Jesus Christ, and I bear witness of His divinity and that he is the head of this church and this work.  I am lesser to you and yet I know the truth of these things, I ask you to turn your heart back to the God who created you and to where you can have the Holy Ghost that you have been missing so much".  He was a member for 29 years.  After that I just ended it.  It felt good to really testify of who I am and what I am doing to someone outside these gates and to feel the spirit flow through me as I typed the words...

I cant wait to be in Mexico, got a letter from Jerry Hahn, tell his family hi and I miss them, especially Clay-man he made me laugh when I was a bit down and I had a good day after that.

 

Not gonna lie, I’m so stinkin jealous of your hike, that sounds like the funnest thing ever right now, I don’t think id be able to keep up with you at the end, I’m fat boy now, hahahaha!

 

Boys good luck at school, remember who you are and who you represent, think about that for a while. Well I wanna let you know I know that God lives and it is wonderful to be able to bear testimony of that, I love you all and hope everything is well.

 

Adios les amo,

Elder Solomon

 

No comments: