Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I've got my umbrella

I found him!  Welcome Elder John Reed, buddy!

Well momma, sounds like quite the spiritual week.  [You] left one thing out though, patience.  I’m still here and last night I decided that this is the Lord’s mission so I’m gonna stop stinkin whining and suck it up. I’m going to be temporarily reassigned now and ill find out where tomorrow.  I’ll go where you want me to go right? They missed a part, I’ll go WHEN you want me to go.

It’s ok, I’ll find John today and whip his butt in shape. I saw the Reed mobile on the way back from the temple this morning and left a note on it.  It was really cool to see something familiar.

 

Any who… mom your letter was pretty cool. I just studied 2 Nephi 2 yesterday.  It took me an hour and half. The cool thing about being in the RC [Referral center] is that I’ve found the Institute Manuals online and so I’ve been using those as well. But ya verse 11, I use it a lot with people wondering why their lives are all jacked up, Elder Holland said in a talk I wish I could find (it was a MTC devotional in like 2000) ‘missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience’. The same goes for any true disciple of Christ. He asked us " it was NEVER easy for him so why would we ever think it would be easy for us?" in my personal opinion I think it a privilege to suffer for him, to take a measly two steps up Calvary, like Elder Holland said.

 

It sounds like good things are going on at home. I saw Justin Kelley a few times. He’s already changed a lot, down to business! Doesn’t really talk to me a lot, he’s really into preparing himself, which is awesome.

 

 I’m letting everyone off the hook mail wise because of the situation I’m in, but still email. I think the Dear Elder letters have their way of finding missionaries wherever they are. But hey, I get to say I served three missions by the end of this. One in Mexico, Salt lake (I don’t know) and the RC!!!! yay!...

 

Elder Hoyt [pretty much has his first baptism, lady from England... She’s all over chat.  She meets with the missionaries on Saturday. I started packing my bags today just cuz, only left a few extra shirts and my toothbrush out. It’s called "bringing your umbrella". Part of real hope.  Real quick... story of a small community that was suffering bad from drought for a long time. The ward decided to have a ward prayer at the chapel.  As a family was getting in the car the little girl ran back inside and grabbed a small black bag. As the ward got together and prayed it started raining so hard the ward ran inside to get cover from the pelting rain, except the little girl and the Bishop.  As he walked over to her she pulled out of her bag an umbrella and asked the Bishop if he would join her under it. Moral of the story? If you want something to happen plan on it! Thus the phrase I now use "bring your umbrella" now that takes faith! Awesome well I love you all. I’e lost a lot of fat in the RC…we get sack lunches now, which are faster and a lot healthier for you, just for those of you that were wondering:) My time is up. I’ll call this week (maybe) ---Elder Solomon

[Moms' note:  Preston did call today.  He has been freed from the RC and will start hitting the streets of OGDEN, UTAH this Friday while he awaits clearance to proceed to Mexico, which will probably be about a week.  He is excited.  He helped Elder Kelley loosen up alittle by teaching him how to make lite sabers.  He, John, Justin and Derek Buttars were all able to meet up today.  Go QC missionaries! He sounds so good and confident.  I didn't even cry, but I did beg him to call me again before he boards the plan to Mexico.  That will be the last phone call until Christmas. ]

No comments: