Wednesday, August 20, 2008

a great Zone Conference

My companions:  Elder Aguilar (seated) and Elder Navarette (right), Elder Ropelato (center)

Momma, I have no idea who that email is from but I’m sure I’ll read it when I have some time... ha! Any way, thanks for the photos they were awesome, I really enjoyed them a lot. The work is moving on, yesterday we had Zone conference and I wish I could just put it on a DVD and send it home- it was awesome. Pres. Joyce talked a lot about becoming a celestial missionary and what are the traits of a terrestrial and telestial missionary as well, it was really enlightening but what really hit me the most was a part with just our Spanish zone.  We talked about sacrifice. Wow! I never really realized what an important thing that is for us. Pres Hinckley said "without sacrifice there is no true worship of God" we talked how there are obvious thing we are sacrificing right now such as cars, movies, dates, free time, money, etc. but what more is there we could really sacrifice for the Lord. Some of the suggestions were our borderline music, cutting down lunchtime and some others. Going the second mile is really where changes occur, where we really become who we CAN become. Fasting is a form of sacrifice, giving our will over to Gods will, and even repentance is a sacrifice, but as the hymn states "sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven" .  Wish I would’ve brought my notes. 

That night we were teaching a couple that really liked us and was listening to us but they don’t really progress cuz they think some other things are of more importance. I told them "Christ sacrificed all for us, what can we sacrifice for Him?" they couldn’t really answer even they knew what I was looking for... three hours on Sundays!!!!!! Ha!, anyway we had two investigators at church with their combined 6 kids. Oh my terror! Sacrament meeting was so rough. I even had one of them straight up head butt me so hard everyone turned around. At least their mothers enjoyed the meeting. I’ll gladly take head butts to the jaw anytime for that. 

Well, you’ll be happy to know yesterday I did make some personal goals. After zone conference I decided I can be doing some thing more than I am regardless of my companions, (Elder Navarrette, and Elder Aguilar).  After conference. I was so excited for the future. Even though we get fed a lot I’ve lost a lot of size from the MTC. Slimming back down and getter tanner and my dark hair is getting lighter again. I love speaking the language, it’s almost like a game to me, and in fact, I dreamt in Spanish last night. The members here are a blast, they are so fun, and outgoing except referral-wise, and giving us a ride wise. It stinks that we have to get a ride everyday to our area, we live in an urban white community and work in downtown southern Ogden. What’s worse is all the other missionaries have brand new Malibu’s!!! 

Please apologize to Nana and Dave’s family, I’ll try to write them tonight, if not... sorry!

 Ok, love you all -

Elder PTSolomon

 

 

 

No comments: