Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm knockin' doors now

Ok mom, to start off primo means cousin, I'm your hijo. Ha-ha!

 Well this place is nuts, it’s not really that big but there are a lot of poor people and bums, a lot of bums.  When we are out knocking doors it’s the white people who scare, me believe it or not. I just give them a pass along card and ask them if they have any Spanish neighbors. My comp doesn’t really speak English but he’s an awesome solid Elder from Ecuador.  He’s a hard worker but sometimes there is a little language barrier. My Spanish is getting a lot better, I can follow along with the conversations but I don’t really contribute a whole lot! A lot of the people we contact don’t straight up turn us down.  In a city with a pretty bad economy, it’s amazing how much everyone works. But then we’ll get an appointment and go and no one will be home, kinda frustrating.  We were supposed to have four lessons yesterday and none of them were home, so I got a lot of walking in! We don’t have a car or bicycle so we have to get a ride into Ogden everyday and then walk, and then get a ride back to our apartments, which are like 8 miles away form where we do a lot of work. But the people are so nice they always give us water and such. On Saturday we dropped by an investigators house and they had a family party and we ended up having two dinners. 

 The branch is cool; they are super nice as well. I should be going to Mexico within a week, but if not, oh well, there is work to be done here.  A lot of people just love the place I'm going.  They say I will love it. Hope everything is well with you all.  Wish I could’ve been there for Jalin’s sealing, but this [being here] is making mine all the much better; love you all pray for you. I’ll be able to send pictures over email now so I’ll have to do that next week. I'll write Grandma-don’t worry.  I’ll send snail mail though.

Ok bye---Elder Solomon

No comments: