Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I think in Spanish and English

Yes still here! And according to Elder Hoyt, I need to ask to stay here. He sent a disturbing email telling me to stay here. I told him to suck it up. The world is evil - we know that, that is why we are going out!!! But while I'm here I’ll give it what I got. This Saturday got a baptism and one next Saturday too! 

It’s flippin hot! Hitting 100 everyday. I thought it didn’t do that in Utah? Anyway... football… I need Wun Devil and Bulldog updates please.  Sheldon... what in the world?!!?!?! Flippin stick your nose in and go crazy! Now that I'm retired I wish I would have done that. Seriously what is the worst that can happen? Get a headache? Come on... if your not gonna tackle get off the field and go put on a skirt. However I am glad that you are getting a better heart. Not as much trouble at school that’s good. I'd rather hear stories of you helping Jensen and others like that than you football stories anyway. 

Just so you know I woke up early this morning just so I could write Brigg and Dad. I’ll try and catch the rest next week and I'm gonna send a cd with my pics on it pretty soon. Mom, if you need to tell jack to get a move on don’t be afraid to tell her I said so. I wont be settling for second best when I get home, why would I? When should we ever settle for second best in things that really matter? I'm not talking about buying the expensive brand of bread I'm talking about cutting ourselves short. Why would we not include the Lord, the Creator of All in every aspect of our lives? Why would we compromise our standards and why would we ever ever ever strive for anything less than that of celestial quality??? If there is something that is not celestial why would we include it? Don’t ever cut yourself short than the very best. Oh Sheldon happy bday. Hope it is celestial quality:) 

But seriously I've been measuring everything on a scale of "celestial" terrestrial and telestial. Kind of puts a nice incentive on things. Find ways to fit that in. i.e. a celestial son is home at least 5 min early and his parents know exactly where and who he is with and he’s completely honest about everything when he sits on the parents bed and reviews the wholesome evening with them. A terrestrial son is within the time limit or maybe just a second or two late and gave a rough outline of the plans beforehand, pounds on the door, says I'm home and jumps in bed. Telestial... well imagine, lies about who- what –where- is late, really late and doens’t even wake the parents up. Just an example but you get what I'm saying? 

Good New era, the article by Jon Bytheway on the five scriptures. Read it! Good one. 

Anywho, I cannot express to you the importance of being independent for the good. The scripture has taken on new meaning to me "work out your salvation" doesn’t say "have your mom work out your salvation" or "if salvation isn’t given to you blame someone" you’ve got two feet (most people) stand on them!!!! If you don’t like the way things are going- change them!! If you’re in the right, you’ve always got some one to help you along. You’re not alone but you do have to make the first step! Elijah stepped onto the flaming chariot all by himself. That’s a rough example, but I'm telling you it’s not going to be given you. Life isn’t a drive through. I'm on a bit of a rant but man; I've realized just what is possible. What I am- what I can be. Who I can help. The gospel changes people. In the short three weeks I've seen it! Dirty houses become clean. Dark people become full of light and despair turns into the wonderful blossom of hope. I know Christ lives. "Come unto me" I know this is the one true way to eternal happiness and the true gospel. If you’ve felt the spirit and are denying the blessings of living the gospel in its fullness, or in other words, experiencing the power of the atonement... I challenge you to do it; a step of faith will take you to a higher way of life. Let Him in and you will succeed, don’t and you will live an eternity of regrets. 

Love you all soooo much and I pray for you---

Elder Solomon

No comments: