Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I got a weight set

Well another week come and gone, still here in the MTC. We had our last day of class yesterday, were getting kicked out of our classroom and becoming permanent residents of the Referral center! yay... actually its awesome, at least were doing real missionary work. I've started doing phone calls in Spanish, at first it was hard but it’s getting easier. They are SO much nicer than stinkin Americans, every call answered your at least placing a Book of Mormon, a lot of the time sending missionaries. I'm so excited to get down there. We talked to a native Mexican the other day and he said Toluca (the main city in our mission) is just absolutely beautiful.  Can’t wait!

 

I saw Taylor Dayton, a Snowflake friend in here the other day.  It was pretty cool and can't wait to see TR Workman tomorrow. We’re getting a new district of Spanish speakers and I’m hoping he’s in it!!! Any who, is it football camp week? Hahaha suckers, good times. What’s goin on on the home front? Haven’t heard from anyone in a bit so I’m assuming everything is well.

 

Well had a good week, got a quote for ya "if you ask the Lord for strength He'll send you a weight set" pretty cool considering He doesn’t just give us what we ask for most the time, just a way that we can obtain what we want through our own efforts, making sense? Example, it seems when I pray for patience, ill have a couple encounters with Elders who just bug the snot out of me, instead of giving me patience, He gives me the opportunity to be patient and work on that. Reading in Ether this week pretty cool stuff, the Brother of Jared had two problems, one of them the Lord gave him the answer, the other, the Lord asked "how would you have me help you" (more or less) same thing with us. All too often we ask, "what should we do" when we should be asking, "is this the right choice" (after studying it out and making a decision). How could we grow and progress if we don’t make any decisions on our own? The Lord lets us make decisions to grow from them, of course remember the Brother of Jared. "How do you want me to help you?" always have Him help you.   We held a mock baptismal service yesterday, it was sweet, the spirit was strong and we all got real excited to hold a real one of our own in the field. Personally I can’t wait to have one with a whole family! Cool stuff, an elder here has the quote for his mission” I leave my family for two years so I can bring other families together forever." I really like that.

 

Well I hope all is well in the home front, is it school time? I need to boys to be an example to everyone there. The best advice I can give you is what president Hinckley did. "Don’t do anything stupid" please remember that! Hahaha love you all and I know this is true more so than we can comprehend,

 

Les amo,

Elder Solomon

No comments: