Monday, January 18, 2010

Pure clean water or stinkin' socks...

Bishop, Miquel, Me and Elder Mendoza
Me and Miquel
Me, Minquel Dominquez and Elder Garcia, a DL
LOLLIPOPS!
The warmest poncho, ever.

Hello everyone. Well, the first week of the change is over. Always the hardest one. The first couple of days are always hard with a new companion, especially when you’ve been with a good friend for a long time. I think the hardest part was going from living in a house of 4 elders back to 2. But its good I’ve got my new comp to open up a bit and things are going good. We had a good bit of success this week finding a lot of new investigators and taking a lot to the chapel. We had 2 baptisms on Sunday too. They both wanted the Bishop to baptize them, which is awesome for us! That means that they have relationships in the ward. But the Bishop couldn’t [baptize them] until about 5:30 pm, so after the food we went to the church and started filling up the baptismal font at 3:15. It usually takes about 3 hours to fill up the font so we were pushing it. We started filling it and we checked it at about 3:45. It was up to the second step but the water was green! ... so I emptied it super fast and started throwing in hot and cold water to fill it up faster. After another 15 minutes I realized it was still green. I thought to myself "good thing I’m not the one baptizing today!," and kept it going. We kept the doors shut. Even the picture which we usually take in front of the font we took outside. No one said anything. It was cold, green, and not full all the way, but everything went smoothly and I didn’t hear that anyone noticed. How they couldn’t I have no idea, but oh well! It’s the spiritually clean thing that counts right? At least it didn’t smell bad at all.

I’m thinking it may have some thing to do with the weather. It has really turned Snowflake-Taylor style here with some intense high winds. A lot of trees fell down, dragging down power lines, and causing a lot of power outages. Since Saturday, it’s been nice and I’ve been able to leave to work without a sweater. My trick is the double sock theory. I found that if my feet are warm the rest of me is too. Good thing I got so many stinking socks for Christmas!

With the two baptisms yesterday I reached my personal goal for baptisms I set so many months ago. I’m not going to tell you how many that is cuz it’s not really that important. Many of them are incredible people and I am just amazed at how the Lord has blessed me and used me as His instrument in this time of my life. I still have plenty of time left and have a lot to give to the people here and the missionaries I am trying to help as well. Thank you so much for the incredible support group you all have been. It’s overwhelming to think how many are praying for me specifically. I am grateful for so much.

Well, [it] sounds like things are going good there at home. I laughed about dad’s “AJ” story. I wish I could have been there to support you. I’m sure we’ll have plenty of fun there standing on the top bench of the bleachers; the Lord has "loosened my tongue" in a lot of ways! I now know how to talk... and in two languages!

Everybody be good, if Brighton gets his call this week he is staying in the states. After this week he is going Spanish speaking outside the states. That’s my guess. To the southern states or Mexico... put me in on the betting :)

Love you all so much. Take care keep praying, keep fulfilling priesthood responsibilities, repent of what you have to, and do your best.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: