Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Joseph Smith's grandson?

Well hey everyone, this has been a really long and really short week at the same time. We spent three days working at the temple open house and that is really tiring. Some of the time I was just a follower for the tours, making sure no one falls behind or tries to wander off in the temple. At other times I was pushing wheelchairs through the tour and then I was at the big tent at the end of the tour where everyone fills out their comment cards and answering questions, that was fun, some of the questions were super funny like one lady that asked me what kind of perfume or stuff we put in the air inside the temple to make people feel peculiar... or another one who asked me if I was Joseph smiths grandson cuz "I look just like him" hahaha they think all white people look the same. Then I talked to this one girl for about an hour about why the temple isn’t open to all people. She didn’t understand anything that was stupid. But then the last day (Saturday) I got stuck in parking till the very end.... we got home at 1130 at night and I just absolutely crashed and I'm not going to lie I took a nap Sunday, in church and at home I was so tired. The open house was really good and I'm sure a lot of good will come from it, but I'm glad its over that’s for sure.

 Ok, now you asked for a typical day schedule witch doesn’t happen a lot but I wake up at 630 my comp at about 730-800 I take a shower eat something, get ready and study till 930/1000 then we go out and contact people, usually in the mornings we go contact people at schools or places where there a lot of people like the tiangies, or movable markets. Some times well set up a table and give away pamphlets and pictures or well just talk to people and that’ll go till we eat at 2 with members, then after that we knock doors for a while and have appointments. Usually we have most our appointments at night but if not the sun goes down at like 630 and we don’t like being out after its dark but usually we get home at 9 or 930 and then go to sleep! Fun! But of course, everyday is really different and your always changing plans. But that’s the mission.

Glad to hear the boys beat Higley and are ranked pretty high, that’s cool. And that puppy is cute! Of course by the time I see it it’ll be pretty darn big. It’s about time we got a lab though. And ya the election... everyone tries to give me crap but they don’t know anything, they just keep trying to get me to say I hate black people. I'm glad I got a year and a half before I go back over there. Which reminds I complete six months this week. That is crazy stuff!!!! It goes fast.

 Well, that’s about it from me, just working and trying to do what I can, the Lord will take care of the rest, I know he will.

 Love you all,

Elder Solomon   

 P.S. If you can someone send me a big bag of sunflower seeds, the only sunflower seeds they have here are in birdseed

 

No comments: