Sunday, November 2, 2008

Please be smart bro's

Ok, well, everyone turned down the steam this week justa notch. I've been a lot less stressed and things are moving: hoping to have 6 baptisms in Nov. I’m learning to work a lot more with the members and less actives and they’ve got people ready! Also looking up old investigators and reaping what the others have sown. Lot more to knocking doors which really doesn’t do a whole lot of anything in this area, (which is pretty rich). It’s more of a pastime when we've got 30 min to burn. Me and the comp are getting along great. Went to the open house of the Mexico City temple w/ an investigator and it is beautiful!!!!! Absolutely incredible and huge. The pictures don’t do justice. Felt good to be back in the temple again. Other than that I gave a fifteen-minute talk on the Book of Mormon yesterday. Yes fifteen minutes! There is something about hiding behind a black name tag. One of the recent converts told me he wants to develop a testimony like mine. I felt really good after that.

Well, I can’t believe football is winding down already. I haven’t even made it to a single game! Briggly- get your butt out on a date. Before you know it girls will be strictly off limits and you will miss dating a lot. But be smart please. please, please. I bought the “Miracle of Forgiveness” in Spanish and boy that’s intense stuff but 100% essential. Be grateful for a blunt dad that tries his best to help you out. Always follow his counsel on these matters, believe me i'm now there in the "been there, done that" stage ok? Now you got two (three w/mom) testimonies on this. This applies to ALL you boys ok? Deal.

Dad don’t worry about the glasses. By the time I come back ill pry be joining you. My eyes hurt all the time here and they get fogged up a lot. This is a rough rough city. However an American Elder and I went to iIhop today and I just about died. I can’t believe how different my life is now. Instead of the big Friday or Saturday nights, I go home. If i'm lucky to eat an orange for dinner and go to sleep. But it’s good. I'm a lot better person than I used to be. A thousand stories and its still the first quarter. Love you all so much. Never realized how truly blessed I was and am still. Be strong and remember "there is a God in Israel"! 

Elder Solomon

No comments: