Monday, March 1, 2010

The birds are singing

What a change of scenery it is here in the casa. In the old one there were always a lot of traffic and people yelling selling gas, tamales and collecting garbage. Here we live on the third floor in a residential area. The hermana has a lot of birds and parrots so they are always chattering and its nice and calm. In fact we always leave the door wide open. I am so happy to be here in Ticoman. The ward is incredible and has grown a lot. In fact they don’t fit in the tiny chapel. There were a few people standing up outside. It’s also great for work. We had 26 lessons this last week and are hoping to have baptisms every week. It will be very possible. I'm also happy to be here in the zone. We’ve got some new missionaries. We are blessed to have two sister missionaries who are training right now and those two areas are leading the zone. Its amazing to see the difference from one sister who has the desire to be here and feels like its a blessing compared to an elder, Melquesidech priesthood holder, who almost has to be forced out of bed to do some basic missionary tasks... I wish I could inject that desire and will into some of the elders. Things would be different.

Wednesday was the leader council and it’s was a bad day... The night before I was up all Night with a temperature and in the morning I didn’t feel too much better but grateful for the sunrise. We left the house at 7 to get to the offices at 8:30. Thanks to construction, bumper to bumper traffic, and some stupid taxi driver who almost took us out of mission limits, we got there at 10. We walked in to scowls from the assistants but whatever. I felt bad cuz I was doing the head nod deal during the whole conference. Afterwards the president just said "animo elder" he’s never talked to me much anyway. But there is nothing some good old knocking doors and giving lessons can’t fix. I had a good week after that.

Saturday, my bday, was a weird day. Everyone wanted to do stuff and eat and party but all I wanted to do was see if we could get a baptism and make sure we had people in the church... It’s weird to think I'm now 21. I’m now in the third stage. Ok well my plan is just keep working and let the Lord do His deal. Sunday I realized that the instrument shouldn’t complain against its user, it just has to be humble and do what it’s supposed to and not get frustrated if there are no results. It should be upset with a fault of performance but not the results. The Lord provides that. I want to be that instrument, so that the Master can use me in the way and with the results that He wants¡ I just gotta give my best.

Well love you all, that’s about it for this week. I love you and am looking forward to see you all in such a short time. Take care

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: