Monday, March 15, 2010

Super sweet

Hey everyone, how’s it going? I'm doing good. Thanks for all your prayers. I'm feeling a ton better but now dealing with the heat. It’s pretty hot here, not like in Arizona but because of the elevation and the smog it makes it more intense. We definitely need a fan or something in the house. We had another 2 baptisms on Sunday a mom and son duo called Veronica and Jair. They are super sweet people and it was a beautiful service. A lot were crying. I was planning that Elder Cardenas would baptize them both but at the last sec Veronica wanted me so I threw on one of those big baptismal suits there in the chapel. The bad things were I was walking around commando until we could get back to the house to put on some dry garments.

We keep having a lot of success in the area but little in the zone, which is really killing me. I was expecting a lot more success and I really have no idea what to do... need to spend more time on the roof I guess. Today we went to Camarones and played basketball with some people there, I really don’t like it here, everyone plays really dirty and the rules are retarded, someday I'll tell you. It usual ends up me yelling at someone for slapping the crap out of my arm nowhere near the ball. Patience.

I've been trying to think of the FHE theme I could share with you today but I really can’t think of one. Someone else will have to come up with it. I've got nine weeks left and every day is one less. My whole life has been focused on getting on a mission and now that its ending... its hard to think in the "next life" I know it will all work out though. We had the opportunity to address a couple of priests in a multi stake youth conference and we talked of the preparation for a mission and the blessings received. Read D&C 31 it’s a good one. The blessing is great towards the faithful servants of the Lord. Boys prepare yourself well. There is nothing more important that you can do than get on a mission in this part of your life. Guard your chastity and virtue, that is one of Satan’s greatest tools for destroying youth. Nothing is more important than being pure and clean walking into the MTC. We shouldn’t send boys on a mission to fix things they need to go ready, cuz its hard correcting things here and precious time is wasted. Time that isn’t ours. If you have things to fix. Fix it on your time cuz this is the Lords time. It gives me chills thinking that there are still 3 in our family waiting for their turn. By the time all our mission cycles are over the family will be a bit bigger, mom will have daughters again, (lets hope) haha well the future is bright. God lives and I know it.

Be good and know I love you.

-ELDER SOLOMON

No comments: