Monday, March 22, 2010

Bummer one and bummer two

Finally had a bit of success in the zone, we had 13 baptisms in the zone and 4 in our area. Patience pays off. And hope is knowing that the promises of the Lord come through. The only thing is that you only have a few hours to celebrate the victory cuz Monday night its back to the fight. The people we baptized are awesome, a young couple called Armando and Brenda and their cute two cute little girls. And Agustina with her 13 yr old boy bayron. We had a lot of sweet experiences this week. The spirit was felt and tears were shed. We were also helping the sister missionaries prepare a couple for baptism that had to get married so we spent a lot of time preparing it all and a lot of money in taxi, I'm pretty much out. But they got married Sunday in the afternoon and baptized 30 min later.

I've got a lot more to tell you all about but I had two huge smacks to the face today.

Number 1: I had been saving money Nana had been sending me and had about 120 dollars all protected on my desk. When I looked for them this morning they were nowhere to be found. My comp also had some money disappear a week ago and the only idea we have is that it was the plumber who was fixing our bathroom took a bonus off our desks. The hard part is that it was all protected good. It was a hard hit to take especially cuz that was a lot of savings I had and need it every now and then cuz the monthly money never reaches. I hope he really needs it and uses it for something good.

Number 2: I just connected my ipod to get some pictures off cuz we are gonna print some and it froze for a sec when I plugged it in. then it turned back on blank... with nothing. It says it has no memory so I'm hoping and praying that it just got blocked or something and that everything didn’t get erased. I had moved all my pics and videos on the ipod cuz i thought it would be safer there than on my memory stick and erased a lot off the memory. Oh boy...

Ok well, sorry for the depressive letter but I was all happy and enjoying life when I got blown away from somewhere I never expected. Thanks for your love and support. They say that the last 3 months of your mission everyone starts writing you again. That’s a lie I've got less than 2 left and I'm lucky if mom writes me.

The good thing is we are playing tackle football in the afternoon.

Take care

-ELDER SOLOMON

[In mom's defense - she did write him! That just goes to show how down he is]

No comments: